Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hurry Up and Wait

I'm a little behind on the blog, so I need to do some catching up.  If we had to sum up our lives recently into one line it would hurry up and wait.  Two weeks ago we had our individual interviews, something that completely terrified me.  In case you didn't know, I tend to stress about things that I shouldn't.  Anyway, the interviews were very easy and relaxed.  Our social worker is great!  Monday was our home inspection and a couples interview.  That went great as well, again I stressed over nothing.  We are working on our scrapbook that the agency shows to birth mothers to pick who they place their child with, and hope to have it finished this weekend.  Other than the scrapbook, there is nothing else for us to do!  Our social worker said it would take a little time for her to get everything typed up, but we have everything we need!  So we have spent all of our time rushing things like paperwork and interviews, and now all that is left to do is wait!!!  Even though we should be pros at waiting by now, it still isn't a strong point for either us so we are trying to do lots of things to stay busy.  We are working on getting the nursery painted and put together and have been picking out a lot of things for Baby Gray.  Most women get 9 months to plan and prepare, but I on the other hand have no idea how long I will have so we are trying to be ready.  Its crazy to think that we could be parents any day.  I know chances are it will take some time, but it could happen at any moment.  We were told a story about one young couple who got the call about a child ONE week after their home study was complete.  How crazy is that?  As crazy as it would be, it would be incredibly awesome for it to happen that quickly.  So for now we wait, and hopefully will be getting that very special phone call soon!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! I am so happy for you. I don't know if you still need this, but I have been collecting spare change in a baby bottle for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer we definitely still need it. Now is the time we are really trying to start raising money. Once we are matched, we could have to pay a large amount of money without much notice, so every bit is helping. Let me know when you are ready and I can come get it. Thank you again!

      Delete