Thursday, June 7, 2012

It Has Arrived!

Our approved home study came in the mail today!! We already knew we were approved and had read a rough draft, but it was so amazing to see the real thing.  I honestly felt a little nervous just holding it.  So now we are legally ready to adopt at any time!  It is going to be strange now without having something specific to focus on.  This entire journey we have been focusing on something that need to be completed, whether by us, our social worker, or someone with the adoption agency, and now there really isn't anything to fill our time (other than just waiting and praying of course).  Well I take that back, I guess now we can turn our focus to fundraising.  As I'm sure I've said before, adoption isn't cheap.  We are trying very hard to do as much as we can without creating any debt.  Some people have been saving their change for us, and you would be surprised at how quickly that adds up.  The change is actually the main reason we put the donate button on the blog.  I felt weird doing it, like I was begging for money, but please understand that is not our intention at all.  It just seemed to be the easiest way for people who don't live close to send the money they have collected.  We are working on several other ways to raise money.  In fact, a friend of a friend is a 31 consultant and has offered to do a party as a fundraiser for me!  It is going to be on July 14th, and if anyone is interested in attending, please just let me know.  Thanks again for all of your support!
Here it is!! The most beautiful paper I have ever seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment