Thursday, March 22, 2012

Application Complete!

I'm a few days behind on posting this, but there has been a lot going on lately.  In my last post, I said we had to complete a 55 page application. If only it ended up being that easy.  After we really started reading the application we realized it involved much more. We had to read 400 pages of curriculum and turn in 130 pages of paperwork including things like autobiographies, questionnaires, and letters from our doctors.  The whole process took us 12 days. Then finally it was finished and Mike submitted what felt like our entire life stories to the agency on March 15th.  We were both so excited that we forgot the part of having to pay them to begin our home study and had to go back the next day to deliver the check.  When Mike turned it in they said they would look over it and once they had everything they would call us about scheduling our interviews and that this could take 4-6 weeks or be sooner, depending on the social worker's schedule.  Did these people not understand that I am almost to my breaking point when it comes to waiting?  I knew they would be working on our home study and that our interviews were only a portion of what all happened during the process, but it killed me to think I wouldn't be doing anything.  I realized I had to let go and couldn't be in control of every step of this process.  I had to trust God, his plan, and the wonderful people working on our home study.  I was pleasantly surprised Sunday when I started receiving texts from our references saying that their instruction letter came on Saturday and they were beginning to write their letters, only 2 days after turning in the application!!  So now we wait until we get the call from the agency scheduling our interviews and home visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment